I was really busy lately for a couple of months - running around endlessly over home or family matters that never end. Work wise is okay as usual! Working life is just a routine cycle or mundane either it is busy or bore to death. Mine - interesting? Nay! since I have been doing such work continuously for more than 25 years. Like some sayings, “Life - in the most general context, is really just one part of the larger subject of self-organization or self-organizing systems". For the past couple of years I have been pursuing theological studies from any Bible institution that gives free or reasonable tuition fee and now I have came to a stage it seems monotonous - we kept studying the Bible over and over again. It is about how we exegesis or eisegesis the word of God. When I was with the GSST (www.goldenstate.edu), it was a good unaccredited institution where there were good professors/mentors while they were one or two mentor that was/were a thorn in the flesh (means discrimination of some sort – quite difficult to explain but I just sensed it). Nations U is a great institution. The program is rigorous ever improving and hopefully they get accredited (DETC) by year 2009. Mac and Marty Lynn are just wonderful and nice couple committed in ensuring the best quality in Christian education worldwide (www.nationsu.org). Easy to write to and ask for assistance. I always encourage those seeking free or reasonable (fee) theological education to sign up. Any person who is interested to seek theological education will nominal or total free tuition fee can seek my advise and I can tell you whether it is a waste of time or not. Do not believe me… try me!
At this moment, I have no special ministerial aims. Just do whatever that comes along e.g. assisting in Sound Reinforcement/computer system in my local church and preach a couple of times in the youth. One of our sister church pastor is asking me to start preaching in his church and I am praying about it. The problem is that I have very little experience. The warp and woof of preaching is the disseminating the word of God but I notice that almost all man's preaching has the vicissitude of one's own personal life testimony where we trend to abuse God's word for our own personal reason. Standing upon the pulpit to preach is a heavy responsibility that all pastor needs to be aware of because we are questionable to God in the end of our day. According to Matthew 12:32-37, we have to give an account to God for every idle word that we speak. Let us make sure that we understand what kinds of words that God finds unacceptable. Let us keep the preaching in the context of the Bible and advocate what encourages audience without any ingredients of politic, polemic, dogmatic and doctrinal matters. Remember, a perfect, or mature, Christian has control over his tongue (James 1:26). However, it is not something that comes easily or quickly. In fact, it is probably the hardest task that a Christian must face (James 3:3-12). Let us each resolve to clean up our speech and season it properly, so we can appropriately speak to the world (Colossians 4:6).Cautious of who's in the crowd. As we know there may be a segment of the group which might be sensitive to an issue that we address because our message maybe one of the most encouraging or damaging things that can affect a person life. You see the words we speak can either help someone or it can hurt someone. That is why the power of the words we speak is far greater than we realize. "Life and death is in the power of the tongue" so let us me careful.
Finally, have you ever wonder if you are talking too much what will it be liked. Well! Check out this website at http://www.martynemko.com/articles/do-you-talk-too-much_id1371 on this issue. Hope to be able to share or write for the coming week. Thanks dropping in to read my blog. Have a nice day always!
No comments:
Post a Comment