Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Life's frustration

In life whatever we do, it is good to do what you are paid to do. It is not right if we idly waste our time or pretend to do something salient by which we are not and at the end of the day - we are rewarded for what we have not done by making pathetic gestures to placate/soothe our boss. That the reality about life and many time my in life, I have complaint life isn't fair because we work so hard and look forward for what we have done. But the truth in life is that God is fair but human is quite different in many way e.g. penchant to the fact that they like to be pleased. This shields them from seeing the disparity between honest and pretentious way of how a person does his/her job. I began my work in the clerical department in which I like it to stay "anonymous". I was later asked to involve with "Telemetry and Scada System" because I am or was good in computer programming and have some basic in electronic knowledge. I was later given several trainings to enhance my skill. It was interesting because I was given a different line of work i.e. from paper work to techie. At the end of the day because of "certain" discrimination, I had to be put aside and let someone else handle the system. What I have learned after two years away from this section is that the whole system is down and has not been functioning for a couple of months. I heard the company will have to call in the outside source to set it back again.

This does not really occur in my working life but even in my own church life. There are two of us maintaining the PA system. There is some serious problem with the system because every Tom, Dick and Harry is allowed to play around it. I am in a way not happy about it because such an expensive system should be well maintained and only a few that will supervise the system. When the church calls in the service retailer to calibrate the EQ section, almost half of the church members turn up to learn while I suppose to explain the problem of the system to the retailer's technician and maybe improve or enhance the sound system much better. Everyone bulges in without giving me a chance to say anything. It seems everybody is in charge while only on Sunday service I am alone managing it. All these scare me away!

I guess this what I like to express myself today and before I pen off, once again I like to share six anecdotes from 2000+ Bible Illustrations extracted from E-Sword.

The Way of the World
The fable of the fox and the wolf aptly illustrates the way of the world that the Christian is to avoid. It seems a fox was peering into a well from which people drew water by lowering an empty bucket, and pulling up the full one that was at the bottom. By accident the fox fell into the empty bucket and found itself at the bottom of the well. It made a lot of noise trying to get out. A wolf, hearing the noise, looked down and said to the fox, "What are you doing, my friend?" "I'm catching fish," was the sly answer; "Come down to help me." "How can I?" asked the wolf. "Jump into that bucket up there and you'll be down here in a moment." The foolish wolf obeyed, and because it was heavier than the fox it went down and the fox came up and started to run away. "Are you leaving me down here?" cried the wolf. But the fox answered slyly, "That's the way of the world, my friend; when one goes up, the other goes down."

The World Will Give You Up
A man said to D. L. Moody, "Now that I am converted, have I got to give up the world?" Mr. Moody answered, "No, you do not have to give up the world; if you have a good ringing testimony for the Son of God, the world will give you up pretty quick; they will not want you around."

How to Avoid Frustration
Keep your shoulder to the wheel
Your hand to the helm
Your eye on the ball!
Your nose to the grindstone
Your ear to the ground
And you will not have time to
Put your foot in your mouth.

To Need and Be Needed
"I appeal to you for my son Onesimus, who became my son while I was in chains. Formerly he was useless to you, but now he has become useful both to you and to me" Phm_1:10-11).
Keith Robinson asks (for all of us):
"What use am I in the world? Has my life really made a difference in anything? Would anything be appreciably different if I were not here? What is the old saying about putting your hand in a pail of water and withdrawing it: the hole that remains is how much you will be missed when you are gone! I am not pessimistic, depressed, or tired of living, but in reality, I have to recognize that my life has not made much of an impact on the world, certainly nothing like I had intended when I was 18 years old. But I am encouraged by the fact that human worth is not measured only in terms of fame, fortune, and sociopolitical influence. Perhaps the greatest measure of our value is how much we are needed by some other human being. John Mark was important because Paul needed him in a time of extreme anxiety and distress. The once useless Onesimus became 'useful'to Paul and to Philemon.
"When the final books are balanced and closed, the greatest tribute anyone could receive would be: They were useful! Someone needed them! And what greater ambition could a person entertain than to be needed, to be useful. My input is not desired or needed for the Mid-East peace talks. It is doubtful that those involved are indispensable. But I fill a need in the lives of a few people that cannot be filled by anyone else. If there is someone who needs my love, if there is someone who looks forward to my presence, even if I can be nothing much more than just the object to someone's love, then I am not worthless. My life is not in vain. My existence is not futile. I may not be much, but I can love someone and make them feel needed. I can be the object of someone else's love and thus fill their needs and mine. No one is useless unless they give up on life and love.
"'Onesimus'means 'useful.'"

May We Always Have:
Enough happiness to keep us sweet;
Enough sorrow to keep us human;
Enough faith to give us courage;
Enough wealth to meet our needs;
Enough trials to keep us strong;
Enough failure to keep us humble;
Enough friends to give us comfort;
Enough determination to make each day a good one.

What You Can and Cannot Control
You cannot control the length of you life-but you can control its width and depth.
You cannot control the contour of your face-but you can control its expression.
You cannot control the weather -but you can control the atmosphere of your mind.
Why worry about things you cannot control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you?

No comments: