I have spent many many years at theological schools studying the Word of God (that I love) but sometimes as a normal church attendance, I found that preacher uses to talk about Christian robbing God when they do not “TITHE”. I feel very sad about it NOT because I do not tithe but there are occasion where I am really broke and really cannot give much. If I miss that particular month to tithe 10% than I felt so bad or guilty.
The church emphasize so much of the time on tithing when GIVING is left out. To me, “Tithing” is all about money while “Giving” is more about money, it is about one’s skill, and time spends for the God’s ministry. Is one’s time and support for the church is not considered worthwhile? Christian teaches that one must give to God before God can bless us. If this is the case than when the Bible says, “We love God because He first loves us” seem meaningless, as God does not love us because He has nothing to gain from us.
There are preachers that are so adamant about the matter that failure to tithe is the consequence of lack of prosperity or bad luck in one’s life while I have seen non-believer getting richer. How can this be? I really cannot answer all these questions in my mind. I know somehow, somewhere – it is not the truth word I am receiving from the mouth of man.
All these cause me to spend more time studying the bible, the history, and the tradition of the ancient Israel to get the right answer of definition “TITHING”. After several months, I beginning to understand the truth about Tithing so I have learned that Giving is more than tithing 10%, Giving means tithing everything we have to God whether it is money or not. Let not man astray us when we do not know the Bible well-enough.
I like to write an article on this matter but I feel there are better Christian authors with reliable credential to put forth this matter. Please check out these few of these recommended reliable sites list below that explains the truth about Tithing (please do spend a little of your time to understand what is all tithing is all about):
http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/tithe.htm
http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html
http://www.tithe-debate.info/tithing/tithing-vs.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~k.w/tithe/tithe.html
http://www.bibleinsight.com/ti-prophecy-tithing.html
http://www.letusreason.org/Wf34.htm
Please be reminded that I am NOT discouraging TITHING but the actual truth meaning of Tithing. Let us give more to God NOT LESS because He has loved us FIRST!
Have a nice day and thanks for dropping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment